1. Download E-Slate by clicking on the "E-Slate" link.
2. Create a folder called "E-slate" somewhere on your pc.
3. Open "eslate.zip", and unzip its contents to the "Eslate" folder you previously created. You should now have a folder containing three items: a) a folder called "pallette all", a folder called "cti microworlds" and a "setup".exe launcher.
4. Run "setup.exe"
5. You will need java 1.3 to run the program. If you don' t already have this version installed on your machine, visit http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download.html.
6. Choose "JRE" (Windows, Linux, Solaris SPARC/ Solaris x86), and then the version for Windows (all languages, including English), "Multi language". Accept the licence agreement to initiate the download.
7. To run E-Slate with java 1.3 instead of some other version possibly existing on your machine, start the program holding the "Control" button of your keyboard. This opens a dialogue box asking which version of java to use. Choose "java 1.3".